Wednesday, January 22, 2020

"Morning Calling on Dock St.

"Morning Calling on Dock St.
18x24" oil on gallery wrap canvas
I painted this image in response to a photograph by Yann Meersseman and wife Moira Fitzgerald at Vineyard Colors. They graciously allow artists to paint from their work, provided you send them a copy of the final art. 
Although I haven't painted in quite awhile due to the demands of my graphic design business, the intriguing play of light and dark attracted my eye and inspired me to pick up a brush. 
There was a lot of detail in the photo, so I tried my best not get tight, but rather give loose impressions of found object. It felt so good to get back to my easel!
This piece is being donated to my church's annual fundraiser. 
Thanks for viewing. 
nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment