Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Went to a Garden Party"

"Went to a Garden Party" 8x6" oil on canvas panel

This painting was taken from a photo my son snapped of our grandson Max at his birthday party surrounded by friends, Abbey and Zach. I was intrigued with the bright colors and engaging composition but was majorly challenged by all the figures and hoopla, especially on such a small canvas. I usually don't paint figuratively and was afraid to try but then thought, what the heck "can't never could", so I jumped in full steam ahead..."to go where this (wo)man has never dared to go." It was a learning experience on many levels but a very fun party!  
Thanks for viewing my work!
nancy

FREE SHIPPING
I am offering FREE shipping within the U.S. on all paintings in my Daily Paint Works and Etsy stores. These small paintings look great in groups of two or more, and add interest and charm to an entry, kitchen, bath, sitting on a bookshelf, or other small areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment