Saturday, July 24, 2010

DAY 24


"A Pear of Plums"
6x6" Oil on Canvas Board

Hot diggity, dog diggity we made it to Vernal, Utah where dinosaurs still roam...hopefully I won't run into one in the middle of the night on the way to the ladies room.

We enjoyed another sunny day yesterday meandering along a winding country road through gorgeous canyons, rivers, streams, and mountain passes speckled with cattle grazing on the steep rocky slopes. I kept looking for the Marlboro man to come riding in on his horse across the mesas. Every now and then we'd pass through an eye-blink-of-a-little town where we actually saw a very official-looking metal roadside sign that read, "Vending Machines Ahead"... now that's a sure sign of a small town!!!

Deep Thought for the Day - Why is it that the brown M&Ms don't taste as good as the red, blue, green, orange and yellow ones?

Mountains with deep shadows on the way to Vernal
Top of the pass looking back down through the canyon

4 comments:

  1. I ate the plum in the rear of the painting...delish! Reminds me of the poem by W.C.Williams:

    This Is Just To Say

    I have eaten
    the plums
    that were in
    the icebox

    and which
    you were probably
    saving
    for breakfast.

    Forgive me
    they were delicious
    so sweet
    and so cold.
    -- William Carlos Williams

    Ditto, dp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I've finally set up my google account so I could follow along officially and comment. I have been reading most every day since the 10th of July when I got home and saw your blog for the first time though and enjoying it so very much! The scenery is phenomenal and the paintings and writings are just wonderful! You are very talented!!! You both must be having the time of your lives on this adventure. Thank you so much for sharing it with us all. Take care and I look forward to viewing more. God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, what a nice surprise!!! It's so wonderful to hear from you!!! I was hoping that you were following along.Thanks for your great comments...I really appreciate it. I have never written much of anything and this seemed like a great way to diary, plus keep in touch with friends and family, plus it helps not to feel so far away. I hope you are all having a good summer and that Pete is enjoying his new job. I sure have missed seeing you but you are never far from my thoughts. Hope to see you the end of Aug. We will come home on the 15th so I should be at the next LMC meeting. Blessings, peace and joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brown M & M's candy coat is a mixture of all the food coloring red blue orange yellow. This goes to show you more is not better.

    ReplyDelete